Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Grace Special - Today only!


We have a one day special just for you today. Grace only for what you are going through right this minute. There are no future installments. This is not a payment plan. God does not work in the Rooms to Go world where you get all the grace you need up front and then pay for it starting in 2011. Ok, Ok I know that this sounds totally cooky and weird, but isn't this what we expect from the Lord. Lord, give me grace to deal with what I am worried is going to happen in five years. What I am going to do when my girls are teenagers? What if my husband looses his job? What I am going to do when I get old and can't afford that cute tummy tuck? What if my kids don't come to know you? I want you to help me with these things, Lord! Are you there Lord? God doesn't give us our year's (or even month's) ration of grace and peace right now and then expect us to dole it out where it is needed over the next 30 days. He is right there with us, walking in our daily (sometimes hourly) life. We have what we need to take the next step and that is all we are promised. I often think about a friend of mine that had her first baby, only to have him pass away after only two months. How did she deal with it? How did she make it and just get out of bed every day? She did with the Lord. He was there and he brought all the grace and peace that she needed with him. I bet she got more on that day than I did. We each get our portion. He did not give her all that grace one morning and then said, OK, there you go, you just walk through life and whenever you need it, it is there. No, He is there to envelope you in love and grace just when you need it and then (imagine this) help you give out the same grace to others when they need to be the one on the receiving end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How refreshing to read of someone truly embracing the love and Grace of Christ Jesus!

You are on the right path and an incredible journey. Stay with Him!

Pastor Rob
www.robsingleton.net