Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sin


Doesn't seem interesting that no matter how old the sin, the consequences still apply. I did not grow up following Christ. I have to say that I grew up trying my hardest not follow Christ. I did not see the point. I mean, He was never going to love me anyway....I was too bad...did too many bad things (but that is a whole other post :o) Anyway, I had a ton to deal with when I came to Christ in my College years. Lots of baggage....think month long international flight. Now, Christ accepted me with all that baggage and did not even force me to deal with it all right then, or even the next week. And I still like to carry some of it around to this day, but I was thinking about something this morning. Why I am still dealing with consequences? The sin is old, I know that Christ has forgiven me. He no longer remembers it...why can't I be the same way. Why this bag? this sin? I just can not seem to let go of it. And somehow even when I want to let it go, something will happen and *poof* there it will be again. I know that there is freedom with Christ. I strive and desire to walk in that freedom every day, but why is it different with this sin on this day? Am I not walking in freedom, or is it just the journey that the Lord has me on? Why is this bag still on my shoulder?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Could it be that God is allowing you to "keep it" because HE wants you to do something with it? Pray for HIS wisdom that HE so graciously promises to give. Ask HIM why. Is there something HE wants you to do with it in order to encourage another which gives HIM the glory?

I have decided to fight the accuser of the brethren in 2 ways.....speaking God's word out loud that will refute the lie...and ...speaking to others because there is power in ones testimony. Doing one will set you free and doing the other will help aomeone get set free.....just a thought.