Thursday, April 24, 2008

Redemption


Today is a very special day to me. It is a day of redemption and celebration. I celebrate someone very close to my heart. I love her so much, if she only knew how much. Today I celebrate the time I had with her and rejoice for the time that may be to come. I can see God working in her life and that overwhelms my heart. I pray for her and that she will stay on the journey that the Lord has for her. Today I also celebrate the Lord's redemption, for He truly can bring beauty from ashes. I see this in her life. She is the beauty from the ashes and her beauty is made perfect through Him. I think about the role that the Lord had me play in her life and I feel so grateful! I am grateful for the time that I got with her and Praise the Lord every time I think of her. The Lord promises us that if we give our ashes to Him that He can bring beauty from them. Her life is a constant reminder of this....Thank you sweet one, May the Lord bring our paths together once more.

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments: