Wednesday, February 20, 2008

To be or not to be?


I was at bible study this morning and we got into a discussion about testing and proving the Lord's will. How do we know what the Lord's will is? Is there a Cosmo test that we can take to tell us when we have the "perfect 10" relationship with the Lord or is it more of a feeling...Me and God, we are just so there with each other... I have to say that I don't see the Lord as our dictator, our Dr.Evil type that will suddenly open the trap door to the crocodiles if we pick the wrong choice and ...agh! down we go (please tell me that someone other than me has seen Austin Powers)! It might be nice to think we have a techno savvy God that will send us a supernatural email with the answer to all our questions, although I am not sure that is how He really works. Maybe I look for more of the Lightening bolt with a Post-it note on it...Pick Choice B Wini Love Ya-the Big Man. Wouldn't that be so nice? So, how does God tell us His will for our lives?
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart" (Ps. 37:4). Augustine said, "Love God and do as you please." Because if you're really loving God, you want to do what pleases him. - Randy Alcorn
For me, the jury is still out on what I really think about finding the True will of God, but... I do think that if we are in relationship with God and walk with Him daily...we will know. At least the decisions that matter. I don't really think that the Lord worries about what kind of MiniVan we buy or whether it is black or white. I think He cares much more about our Soul and whether we are in fellowship with Him, you know, giving our heart to Him daily. Cause if we are doing that, the obedience will just come, we will not have to wait on a PostIt Note.

No comments: